How to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Bad breath, also known as Halitosis, can be a big problem for many patients. In fact, as recent survey showed that over 80% of people in the United States believe that bad breath can negatively impact your social life. The good news? You can most definitely improve bad breath.
The first thing you need to know about getting rid of bad breath is what causes it. Three types of bad breath exist:
- Bad breath associates with food you ate.
- Bacteria that lingers in your mouth causing bad breath.
- Certain medical conditions that cause bad breath.
Our Simi Valley dentist, Dr. Muradian, can help you with all three. If you feel that your bad breath is happening because of a medical condition, he will also help refer you to the correct medial professional needed in order to have this treated. Additionally, if you feel that you have bad breath, refraining from smoking and eating strong-smelling foods like onions, garlic or coffee will help keep this from happening. Other ideas to stop Halitosis include:
- Use a toothpaste with breath benefits: look for ones that include ingredients used in mouthwashes that have a long-lasting breath effect.
- Floss: flossing is just as important as brushing and can help reach spots that your brush can’t!
- Mouthwash: using mouthwash daily is a great addition to your oral care.
- Try a tongue scraper: your tongue is a perfect place for bacteria to form, so scrub, scrub, scrub!
Call us today for an appointment so that we can help find out why bad breath is taking over your life. We are experienced in dealing with a variety of dental issues and will always make you feel comfortable. We can’t wait to see you!
Location: 3695 Alamo Street, #300 Simi Valley CA 93063
Back to Articles