How to Protect Your Gums
Many may take it for granted, but oral hygiene becomes more important as you age. Easily neglected, the gums of many patients can bring unnecessary and costly problems. The good news? Gum issues are almost entirely preventable.
We’ve come up with a list of things you can do to make sure your gums remain in good health:
- Visit your dentist regularly: we can’t stress this enough! Even the most diligent brushers need a trip to the dentist for a professional cleaning because it is impossible for you to reach every spot just by brushing.
- Brush your teeth properly: brushing your teeth too hard can wear away your gums exposing the tooth's root and causing tooth sensitivity.
- Eat a balanced diet & exercise regularly: stay away from added sugar and acidic food which can be damaging to teeth.
- Maintain healthy weight: studies show that over-weight and obese individuals tend to have more issues with their oral health.
- Continue good oral health: brush and floss regularly to keep your teeth shiny and bright!
- Use the right toothbrush and toothpaste: if you have tooth sensitivity, be sure to choose toothpaste that will eliminate or reduce sensitivity. Additionally, if you have healthy teeth, a medium or hard toothbrush will clean your teeth best. You may also consider an electric toothbrush for optimum cleaning results.
Dr. Muradian, our dentist in Simi Valley is here for you when you need him most.
We make our patients feel like family and will help maintain your bright and beautiful smile.
Location: 3695 Alamo Street, #300 Simi Valley CA 93063
Back to Articles