Top Tips on How to Prevent a Dental Emergency
Dental emergencies occur. It is just the way of life. Unfortunately, we do not walk around in bubbles that protect us from harm; however, there are steps that you can take in order to help prevent a dental emergency even though there is no way of making them never happen.
Generally speaking, a dental emergency is any dental problem that requires immediate attention in order to save the tooth and stops or alleviate any bleeding or severe pain that occurs.
- Tooth trauma that causes severe bleeding or knock-out
- Severe toothaches
- Signs of infection that indicate abscess
- Facial trauma or trauma of the mouth tissues
You may not be able to avoid an accident if you play contact sports or are taking part in a physical activity like riding bicycle, running or even walking and happen to stumble on something, but you can take some steps to avoid tooth infection and decay regardless of sports activities. For example:
- Limit daily amounts of sugary foods
- Use a fluoride mouthwash at least once a day
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice a day
- See your dentist regularly; typically every 6 months
- If you are pregnant, visit a dentist to discuss how the pregnancy may impact your oral health
As your dentist in Simi Valley, we are dedicated to fulfilling your every dental requirement. Call us today for an appointment and get your brand-new smile!
Having a dental emergency?
As your dentist in Simi Valley, we are dedicated to fulfilling your every dental requirement. Call us today if you have an emergency in Simi Valley Call: (805) 522-0880
Location: 3695 Alamo Street, #300 Simi Valley CA 93063
Back to Articles